1. Training on tailoring: To provide additional income to the family and to create employment opportunity to poor rural people, the society has organized training on tailoring in collaboration with NABARD at Kanjikuzhy, Murickassery, Mariyapuram, Karimpan, Nedumakandom and Thankamani. These trainings are organized for 13 days for the women who are already familiar with tailoring. 211 women trained and became expert to make Churidar, Nighty, Night dress etc.
2. Training on Rabbit Rearing: With the collaboration of Canara Bank, NABARD the society has organized training programme at Kanakakunnu, vathikudi and Nedumkandom. 350 people participated and became expert in the rabbit rearing. Training certificates are also given to them.
3. Training on Aqua Culture: The society in collaboration with Kendra Samudrolpanna Kayattumathi Vikasana Corporation conducted training on aqua culture at Kanjikuzhy, Manjappara and Mariyapuram for 3 batches. 90 people participated in the 3 days programme and Rs. 600/- given to the participants as stipend.
4. Training on Financial Literacy and Financial inclusion: A seminar was organized for the people of Nedumkandom are especially for the SHG Federations on the above topics. 100 SHG leaders participated in this seminar.
5. Akashaya jyothi: Vimalagiri Akshaya Centre organized a training programme Akshayajyothi for the age group of 16-45 for the topic of RTI, Leadership, financial improvement etc.
6. Insurance Schemes: The society provides two kinds of insurance schemes in collaboration with LIC of India and National Insurance Scheme. 877 persons became the members of the Micro Insurance Scheme and 418 became the member of National Insurance Scheme.
7. Joint Liability Group (JLG) Loan: As part of Income Generation Activities, the society encouraged the matured SHGs to form the JLGs. 99 JLGs are formed and given the loan of Rs. 9885000/- in collaboration with Union Bank of India.
8. DRI Loan : The society in collaboration with the South Indian Bank has given DRI loan with minimum interest. 200 families availed these services with an average amount of Rs. 15000/- each for 150members and Rs. 20000/- each for 50 members. The repayment of the loan is regular.
9. Distribution of sewing machine: 27 sewing machines are distributed in installment basis for the poor women.
10. Idukki Disaster Response Team(IDRT): HDS has formed a team to support in emergency relief and rehabilitation. The IDRT team is working for the needy people in the operational area of HDS. They have come up with an idea called Ashakiranam cancer campaign programme. 2 trainings organised for the members of the IDRT on the topic of first aid and Emergency relief. The members registered their name at Red Cross Society.
11. National Environmental Awareness Campaign (NEAC): Conducted trainings on the requirement of Bio Fertilizer and bio pesticides and its promotion. 100 peple participated in this special program organized at Manjappara. And another programme conducted with the support of NEAC- CED is that preparation and promotion of Bio pesticides and bio fertilizer and distribution of fruits plants to 100 families who are attended in the awareness classes.